Guest Service Agent, Front Office
- Post Date:6th March 2018
- Apply Before: 5th April 2018
- Career Level OthersExperience 1-2 Years
nterContinental Hotel® – Dubai Festival City
Job Number DUB004692
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai » Dubai
Do you see yourself as a Guest Service Agent for InterContinental Hotel at Dubai Festival City?
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG® we’re interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn (pre-opening). In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 1200 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
At the moment we’re looking for a Guest Service Agent to join our team at InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City!
The Guest Service Agent will be directly reporting to the Front Office Manager/Supervisor and will be responsible for all activities relevant to the Front Office Desk, such as the reception, check-in/out, rooming of all Hotel guests, foreign exchange and assisting them with inquiries.
Additional key responsibilities are:
· Greets all guests at all times in a friendly and helpful manner
· Attempts to learn and use guest’s name at every opportunity
· Registers and rooms all arrivals according to established procedures
· Maintains intimate knowledge of departmental standards and procedures
· Performs check-in, check-out and room change procedures and ensures all data is entered completely into the hotel systems in accordance with reservation
· Maintains cashier float and ensures accurate daily report of all money received
· Cashes guest’s personal and travellers checks and assists with currency exchange
· Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures, for programs such as; Seasonal Packages, Frequent Flyers Programs, and also Intercontinental Hotels Group Loyalty programs
· Attends to guest’s complaints, inquiries and requests, refers problems to Supervisor/Assistant Manager if he/she is unable to assist
· Is familiar with other Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts so that guest indicating any next destination on the registration card can be “sold” an onward booking to another InterContinental Hotels
· Does everything possible to ensure that the guests depart the hotel with a positive impression of hotel service
· Performs the audit balances and prepares all works for audit in an orderly fashion
· When on night shift, checks night report, prepare the morning report and prepare all necessary forms for the guest arrival
· Maintains comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures including correct forms to use, how to read telex, e-mail, messages, and how to interpret availability sources within the reservation systems
· Maintains exemplary deportment standards of behaviour and appearance and attitude as expected in a IHG Brand
· Takes personal interest and pride to ensure that the Front Desk work area is kept clean and in an orderly state at all times
· Endeavours to maintain the high standards of the hotel with particular regard to the importance of IHG Loyalty Program members and other VIP’s
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· Minimum of one year of experience in Front Office
· Fluency in English
· Good communication skills
· Has the ability to take responsibility and adapt to a fast pace environment
· Customer focus and teamwork skills
Has the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to anticipate their needs
Advance in Opera is an advantage
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including accommodation, hotel discounts worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
At IHG® we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
Related Jobs (10)
Cashier / Packing Helper on 16th March 2018